CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 8, 2008

What day is it? Hmm...

Okey, okey. I really should post earlier but at least I post :D. ...ok, that was weak. But no one will mind (no amanda, you don't count because i know that you will say that you mind) if this is posted just a few after midnight, right? Eh? Eh? Well, since no one is answering, I'll assume that it's a-ok.



~*~Look For Me By Moonlight by Mary Downing Hahn~*~
Originality- 5/10
Characters- 16/20
Remembrance- 6/10
Setting- 19/20
Plot- 16/20
Ending- 7/10
Recommend To Read- 6/10
Total- 75/100
Grade- C



(B&N. I promise.)
When sixteen-year-old Cynda goes to stay with her father and his second wife, Susan, at their remote bed-and-breakfast inn in Maine, everything starts off well despite legends about ghosts and a murder at the inn. But Cynda feels like a visitor in Dad's new life, an outsider. Then intense, handsome stranger Vincent Morthanos arrives at the inn and seems to return Cynda's interest. At first she is blind to the subtle, insistent signs that Vincent is not what he seems-that he is, in fact, a vampire. Can Cynda free herself-and her family-from Vincent's power before it's too late?

This book confuses me more than the concept of dragons being compared to puppies (not really (if they are, tell me. it'd be funny)). I have no idea what to make of this book. Looking at how I graded it, you'd assume it was awesome. Looking at the cover of the book makes you think that though the difference between vampire and human is wide, love conquers all, right? Well, as much as I hate to say it, you are utterly wrong. If you love vampires--and by this, I mean, like me, love sappy human and vampire relationships that are pure. and these vampires we love have an ounce of good in them at the very least--then I'm not so sure you should read this. Though, if you hate vampires or have one tailing you, then you should read this. You get the happiness of vamp death and how-to's rolled up in one. Now, I'm not saying that Vincent dies because he isn't the only vampire in fictional worlds and because that would be a major spoiler. I'm not even saying that someone dies. Who knows what I'll say? Next, I could tell you that the vampire is secretly a woman. Maybe she loves cotton candy. And maybe the main character is a male. It is highly possible, especially since vampire authors love plot twists. I'm not sure if everyone will like this book. I absolutely hated the characters but I couldn't rate them too low. Where they were horrible people, they were also believable. That counts for something, I guess. I rated the setting so high, because it is placed in Maine. Now who doesn't love Maine (although I've never been there before, but ,whatev)? That's the end of my review because I'm done torturing minds with possible spoilers.

Ciao.

Hearts&Circles (and back to reading Need!),
Tay-Toe

0 comments: